LEADING A CULTURE REVOLUTION OF SOCIAL GOOD
The goal of the WANA project is to reshape the perception of the world towards Africa and also to inspire and break mental, physical, sociological, and psychological boundaries that can hold back the African child from reaching their full economic potential.
This is how the world sees Africa
This is what the world doesn’t see
THE ‘OLD’ NARRATIVE OF AFRICA HAS BEEN BLEAK AND LIMITING
Hindering the full realization of Africans’ talents & opportunities • Fracturing the diaspora • Depriving the world of a vast array of creativity and innovation
Currently Africa makes up 17% of the world’s population yet garners less than a 5% share of the global GDP and over 50% of the population exists in extreme poverty. Africa is the foreign investment fast growth final frontier but little of those monies are ‘trickling down’ enough to tangibly effect the economic wellness of the people Disproportionately impacted by lack of resources, education, and opportunity are disadvantaged youth and women. Their abilities and potential are not appropriately recognized nor realized so they cannot contribute as fully as they might to the transformation of society.
17% of the world’s population
Less than a 5% share of the global GDP
Over 50% population lives in extreme poverty.
WANA’S MISSION IS TO
- Replace the outmoded global vision of Africa of the past
- Redress the inequities and imbalances of the present
- Create a new narrative with those who have a passionate desire to help and participate in solutions that build a better future
- Improve the lives of African youth
- Promote sustainability using tangible scalable methods
- Connect the global diaspora to their African roots